Bridge to Terabithia

Bridge to Terabithia cover

10-6

You’ve learned a lot about Jess and Leslie. Choose one of these two main characters and describe what kind of person she/he is. Not the physical description, but the character. Use details from the book in your quality one papragraph reply.

10-21

You just read a chapter called The Perfect Day. Was this a perfect day? Why or why not? Explain your thinking in a quality paragraph using information from the story to support your answer. Make sure you proofread your response before posting it.

27 thoughts on “Bridge to Terabithia

1. Jess Oliver Aarons Jr.

Jess is a kind person. One reason why I am saying this is because on page 26 Leslie wanted to run with all the other boys. And all the boys tell her that she can not run with all of the boys and that girls are not ¨ as strong¨ as boys (like that is true) . But the only boy in the 2nd,3rd,4th,or 5th grade who disagrees is Jess. And in the text on page 26 Gary Fulcher says¨Next thing you gonna let some girl run?¨ ¨Sure ,why not.¨Jess replies. This information shows that Jess is a kind person.

-Ella

2. Jess’s personality is he has two sisters and they get whatever they want but Jesse is mad when they don’t have to do chores but Jess does. He’s so sad and mad in a lot of the story. He is happy when he runs because that is his happy place. He has some nice kid to people I’m just really nice to his friends.

3. Jake Oct.7

Bridge to Terabithia blog

In the book Bridge to Terabithia I think the character Leslie is a brave person. One way she is a brave person is that she raced with all the boys when they thought she was crazy and won. Another way she is a brave person she sat on the bus one day where the seventh graders sat. Another reason Lesie is a brave person is that she stood up to Gary Fulcher at the race.

4. Bridge To Terabithia
    Jesse – One character trait about Jesse is that he’s scared about what people think about him. For example in the text it is said “Jess had written about football which he really hated, but he had enough brains to know that if he said drawing,everyone would laugh at him.” Another character trait about Jesse is that he is always determined. For example in the text on page 5 it said “ His body was begging him to quit, but Jesse pushed it on.”

Leslie – Leslie seems like a very nice person and also wouldn’t care what other people think about her for example Flucher said ‘’Girls aren’t suppose to play on the lower field” but Leslie didn’t care and kept playing with the boys. Another character trait about Leslie is that she is a quiet kid for example in the text it said “ Leslie was one of those people who sat quietly at her desk”

5. Jess
    I think that he is artistic and shy because he said that he loved drawing.Another reason I think this is true is because he draws almost all the time.If you go back to the beginning of the book you will know that when his sister came in his room he put his art book away so that she could not see it.Another reason I think he is shy is because in the book it said that he gave his drawing to the music teacher and ran, this makes me think he is shy.The last reason I think he is shy is because he will not show almost anyone hi drawings.

6. Jess Oliver Aarons Jr.

Jess is a kind and caring person because he has never accused anyone for something he did not do.Although he can be a bit of a daydreamer sometimes that leads to the teacher embarrassing him in front of the class.Jess also is Respectful to others because he knows how it feels to be treated badly.(mean,unkind,not caring) (thanks to his dad).

7. I will be talking about Jesse Aarons, from the book “Bridge To Terabithia.”

Jesse Aarons in one of those kids who always listen to there teachers and is a good kid. Jesse is also very nice. He’s mostly nice to his friend “Leslie Burke” There both in fifth grade. Leslie is Jesse’s neighbor.

8. I think the character Jess in the book Bridge to Terabithia is scared to open up and share his feelings.
    I think that is true because he thinks that people will make fun of who he really is. In the book it said that his dad made fun of his drawings and said that they weren’t good. And when he said that he felt like everyone would make fun of it so he is closing the feeling to his schools and his family.

9. Jess is a 5th grader and his sisters really hate him. He tried to tell his dad that he wanted to be an artist and that did not go so well for him. He thinks he’s the fastest kid in 5th grade. Someone just moved into the house right next to him and that was a big deal for him. Jess is always cleaning the house and his sisters jet whatever they want. Like the time where Jess said hey mom can I have some money Jess said. And his mom said no we have none and his sisters asked for money and they got it. And Jess is always getting picked on by his sisters.

10. On page 26 Jess is a kind and caring person. He shows this by standing up for Leslie when she wants to run against the boys. He also likes to protect Leslie when she gets in fights. He is mad when he has to do chores and his sisters don’t. That also makes him sad because he always has to do everything. Even though they make him do work he still loves them. He thinks that he is not cared for by anyone so he plans to be the fastest runner in the school so that he can be admired.

11. Jess is a person that is caring and that will protect what he wants to protect. Jess is also a person that is kind of nervous like when Leslie is running inside he knows that the principal is going to be mad at her and him if he chases so he is like you going to be in trouble. So in general he is nice and he is all sorts of different things like when he runs he is happy but when he is at school he is not happy but at the same time he sort of is because he is boosting himself and like being happy but still.

12. Jess

Jess is a very believable person; he really believes in himself, why i said this is that because on page 22 it says “he knew he was better than he had been last spring” it seems like Jess was believing in himself that he could be better than anybody this spring. Jess is a person that gets picked on a lot, I said that because on page 7 Jess gets picked on by his sisters it just feels like Jess is nothing to his mom and dad because his sisters do bad things and get away with it and when Jess does bad things he can’t get away with it.

13. Jess

Jess is shy to show his father his drawings due to the requirements in his time. But when he is with Leslie he can be himself and have fun and color. He also likes to run which can only happen in spring. Jess the character is kind, sweet, angry, jeneris, and loving.

14. Bridge to Terabithia 10-9-2020 Bray

Leslie is a nice person because on page 18 Leslie doesn’t even know Jess but she greets him right away and tries to form a friendship with him.And on page 25 she wants to race the boys and she beats them and Jess gets mad but she tries to cheer him up.and Jess is nice to because he tries to defend Leslie on page 36 to Janice Avery.

15. Jess

Jess’s personality is he has two sisters and they get whatever they want but Jesse is mad when they don’t have to do chores but Jess does. He’s so sad and mad in a lot of the story. He is happy when he runs because that is his happy place. He has some nice kid to people I’m just really nice to his friends

16. The Perfect Day
    I think that it was not a perfect day because on page 102 at the bottom it said that “Your girlfriend is dead, and mom thought you were dead too!”I also think this because his mom thought that he was dead.Also it is not a good day for his family because after they heard that Lessie was dead the thought that he was to because he was around her all the time.Over all I do not think that this was a perfect day.

17. The Perfect Day Olivia 10/21/2020

It started off to be a good day. His teacher that he really likes called him and asked him if he would like to go to Washington to go to the museum with her. Of course he said yes.
    After they were done at the museum his teacher took him home. When he went inside his mom kept saying “O my god” “O my god” over and over. And then he asked what was going on. And then his sister Brenda said “Your girlfriend is dead and momma thought you were dead too.” So I think he had a good day then it turned into a bad day.

18. Elli
    I think the chapter perfect day was not so perfect. The reason why I say that is because Leslie died. For example in the text it said “ Your girlfriend’s dead ” this also makes this chapter not so perfect because Leslie was one of the main characters. Another reason why this was not such a perfect chapter is because it would probably impact Jesse a lot. I think this would impact Jesse because Leslie was his only friend.

19. Ella The Perfect Day

I do not think it was a perfect day for Jess. It started out really good because Miss.Edmunds asked Jess if he wanted to go to the art museum with her and he said yes. He asked his Mom for permission while she was asleep so she would say yes and not think about it first. But Jess’s mom did not realize what in the world she was saying yes to and she did not know where he went. He enjoyed going to the art museum a lot. But when he got dropped off at his house it turned into the worst day ever. On page 102 Miss.Edmunds pulled up to his house and he saw his Dad’s truck in the driveway,weird. He stepped into his house and he saw his Mom,Dad, and three sisters all sitting at the table not eating or watching tv,something was definitely wrong. His Mom was saying ¨o-my god,o-my god¨ over and over again. And he asked what was wrong but got interrupted by Brenda. ¨Your girlfriend’s dead,and mamma thought you was dead too.¨ This sums it up to… this was not a perfect day for Jess.

20. It was a perfect day up until Jessie heard that Leslie was dead. Jessie had a fun and perfect day with Ms Edmunds.” I was thinking of driving down to Washington, maybe go to the Smithsonian or the National Gallery. How would you like to keep me company?” Ms Edmunds said. Also Ms Edmunds had a fun day with Jessie too. For example Ms Edmunds said “Thank you for a beautiful day.”After Jessie came into the house and found his family staring at the TV then turned to see him in the room then his mom said “O my God O my God.” Over and Over.Jessie sister Brenda said “Your Girlfriend is dead and Momma thought you were dead too.

21. Bridge to Terabithia 10-21-2020 Bray

The chapter perfect day wasn’t a perfect day.One reason is because Leslie passed away because she wasn’t scared like Jess was to go in the woods. She was brave,and she went in the wood and went to Terabithia by herself and she drowned.Another reason is because Jess went to Washington with Ms. Edmunds and he didn’t think to invite his best friend Leslie to the art gallery they were going to.Another reason is that when Jess got home from the Washington art gallery his sister Brenda said “your girlfriend is dead”Which isn’t a nice way to tell Jess his best friend had died.You probably shouldn’t tell anyone that their best friend passed in that way.

22. The perfect day

Jess went with his teacher and brought him to the art gallery and spent the day with her and the teacher is broke with money. But at the end of the chapter His mom and all his family was sitting on the table with no food No TV on and thought he was dead then his mom started crying and his girlfriend was dead.

23. By Thien
    October 21 wednesday, 2020

It was kinda a bad day, the reason why I said this it’s a bad day is because in the morning it was raining a lot and it was loud that May Belle was snoring loud and it’s making the whole family wake up Jess told her to go back to sleep but because of the rain is to loud May Belle could not go to sleep. Next on page 102 on the almost bottom it says “I tolja he just went off somewhere”, it sounds like some body in the family went somewhere else and it was like that person was lost.

24. The day started out good like when he went with Miss Edmunds to the Smithsonian art museum. But when he got home his mom said “o my god”And he began to think “what”. When he found out that Lesile died. He was probably like this day is not good. Even though the day started out good the bad out weighed the good.

So the start of his day was good the end was bad

25. Jake The Perfect Day Oct.21

In the chapter The Perfect Day everything was great Jess got to go with Miss Edmunds to an art gallery. Jess really had fun with Miss Edmunds and I know Miss Edmunds had a fun day too because she said “thank you for a beautiful day”. Everything was great up to that point but when Jess went inside everyone was quiet but then Brenda says this” your girlfriend [ also known as Leslie] is dead and momma thought you were too and that was the end of the chapter.

26. Willow THE PERFECT DAY Oct 22.2020

In the perfect day it is not a perfect day at the end. For example in the morning Jess is invited to a place he has never been to before with his favorite teacher. He goes to an art museum and is needed to pay for food but he has no money! Shockley, his teacher steps in and pays herself. Then his best friend in the world is dead. It is like a spell of bad luck.

27. Brooke

The Perfect Day
    October 22
    I don’t think the chapter perfect day was a perfect day for Jess. It was a good day to start off with. He went to the Washington museum with his music teacher Ms Edmund’s. He had a fun time and then she drove him back home when he got in his house and his family was sitting doing nothing very weirdly and his mom kept saying ¨O my God… O my God. ¨ What Jess said, His mom barley was able to talk ¨Leslie is dead and we thought you were dead to¨ Jess´s day was ruined in a heartbeat