100 Word Challenge March 1- Week 23

100WC 100 Word Challenge March 1, 2021

When you submit your comment you need to put a heading on the comment like this 100WC March 1 Eddie

* 100WC

*The Date

*Your first name

Remember, type your prompt as a google doc first. Do not paste it in as a comment until you are sure it is complete, headed correctly, proofread for spelling, capital letters, grammar, and punctuation, and is between 95-105 words! Then post your comment! This week we have 5 words that all have to be in your writing but they can be in any order and can be anywhere in your piece. They are:

… BALLOON    NEVER    KICKED    FRIGHTENING    BROWN…

19 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge March 1- Week 23

1. “It had brown and red hair,” Julie said sobbing. “There were so many balloons. It was the most frightening thing I ever experienced. I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT AGAIN!!!.” The clown was coming for her. It had kicked her SO hard that her leg was broken. It was looking for her, chasing her. “Everywhere I go he’s there. Following me.” Julie was with the police right now. She was so scared. The gloomy sky was just perfect for Julie. She heard stomping. She looked back. Then front. The police were gone. Then something touched her shoulder. “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She was never to be seen again.

2. 100 WC 3/5/2021 Elli

Once there was a kid practicing his soccer when all of a sudden he kicked his ball into the dark alley so he went over to go grab it when he saw a brown balloon floating in the sky he looked up and saw a clown. The kid never thought this would happen to him so the clown was very frightening. Then the clown started counting to ten the kid started running as fast as he could but the clown caught up to the kid. When the clown started dragging the kid he kicked him in the face then he woke up from his dream he was so happy it was fake.

1. Hello Elli, that would have been scary for the “kid”. I think it was interesting how you changed the brown balloon into the clown. Maybe you could have had the kid still “kicking” when he woke up and his sheets etc all over the place. What do you think?

3. One very hot morning woke up an it was my birthday, and when I walked out of my room I saw a big brown balloon. My mom jumped out and said “Happy Birthday” that was very frightening. I asked my mom to never do that again that scared me half to death . I almost ninja kicked her when she jumped out. Later on in the day we where going out to eat and I told my mom please don’t tell the waiters it my birthday because it makes me feel embarrassed. But of course she didn’t listen to me.

1. Hello Bray, the mum in this story is like some of the mums I know and their kids like you in your story, but they love their mum to bits even if they do embarrass them sometimes. I like how I get a sense of that in your story. Well done.

4. Jake 100WC March 5

Hey my name is James and I’m at my friends house and got this brown balloon. For some reason my friend Jack loves it. I mean he is obsessed with it. So Jack went to go get water and I stayed in his room but then his brother came in and kicked the balloon and it popped and then Jack came back in and dropped the water. He was so frightened he screamed so loud at me I told him that I would never do that and he listened. Anyway his brother got grounded and had to pay for a new brown balloon

5. Today my friend is coming over because it is the 4th of July and the house is covered in confetti and balloons. But we had to be careful because I got a dog .Then my friend came over. We play outside with my dog. My friend kicked the balloon and I said Never kick the balloon. My brown dog is Frightened by Then she said okay and we played at the park with the rest of the kids . The day and look at the fireworks outside and we had fun on 4th of July that day

6. 100WC Fri, Mar 5 by Thien

Hi I’m Tony I am 6 years old today. I will be talking about a day that I went to a challenge park. The challenge park was named that because it was a park that has challenges for you to do in order to claim a prize. So anyways I was there playing with my mom we found a challenge where you had to kick a ball in the goal to claim a balloon that you want there were different colors, i was frightening because i have never kicked a ball before, “Oh dear I think you can do this tony try your best” My mom said. I Tried my best and.. “Yes I made it” the owner of the challenge maker’s name was Robert he said “Tony you’re a very talented boy at your age” I said thank you, he asked me what color balloon would I like and I chose brown “Great choice” said my mom. And that’s how my story went at the Challenge park.

7. A couple years ago me and my family went to the circus that year was my first time going there I was about 7 or 6 but I went to other things before like Disney on ice,concerts, monster truck thing so it wasn’t my first time going to the Pepsi Center , so I kinda knew my way around their. In the entrance there was a clown with balloons. He looked pretty frightening once again I never saw a clown before and it was also my first time! When my brother saw him it was probably his last time seeing him once the clown popped in his face my brother kicked him right in the stomach then after that a lady in a brown shirt came and that’s my story of the circus!

1. Hi Aniyah
      You’ve used the words of this week’s 100 word challenge prompt very well to describe your first visit to the circus. I like how you have highlighted that at first sight clowns can often be frightening even though they’re usually meant to be funny. Maybe that’s what happened with your brother and that could explain his reaction. It certainly was an eventful first visit to the circus! Well done and keep up the good work for the 100 word challenge.
      Máire O’Keeffe (team 100wc)
      Galway, Ireland

8. 100WC
    Max

I was at a birthday party. It was not fun though because somebody kicked the brown cake and someone popped the balloons. To be honest I never get frightened but for the first time I thought that it was frightening. It was boring and not fun. So I went home and baked my own cake and I ate it by myself and it was delicious but I thought that I needed someone to eat with. I realized that if all of the birthdays were boring I would host my own just not on the day. So I invited friends and then told them it was my birthday and it was fun.

(although they knew it was not my Birthday)

1. Hello Max, I really liked your story. That’s annoying that someone would ruin a birthday party like that. I liked that the speaker had a resolution to the situation.

9. Ella 100 word count 3-5-2021

One day I was riding my Teal bike around the neighborhood when I saw a never seen before frightening scene. There was a brown balloon kicking my little sister! Before I even realized what I was doing,I sprung into action and kicked that brown balloon right in the face! Where ever that face was. After I scared the balloon away I grabbed my little sister and ran home,ditching my favorite bike. When I got home I ran into my mom with my sister in my hands. My mom screeched “RONALD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Oh Boy……I am grounded for sure.

10. One time I was walking to a kid holding a balloon, then I got trapped inside the balloon, did I mention the balloon was brown? Weird, right? Never see that every day. I kicked, the balloon popped, and apparently the kid exploded with excitement, for some reason and it was floating and when it popped I started falling, not that frightening, seriously! You do not see that every day! So weird! Plus, it all was happening to another guy! Another guy! Not me! Huh, weird. That kind of stuff usually happens to me. that’s new…

11. Austin mar 5th 100wc

One day there was a kid named Balloon no one knows why he was called that. And then there was a kid that was named brown and brown was mean to balloon all the time. But Balloon was getting tired of getting bullied by Brown. He was so tired that he wanted to hit him but then he said “that is what I am going to do” so he was getting ready but a teacher walked by. The next day he was ready but he did it outside and it was after school but Balloon never kicked brown he punched brown and he fell and he was not frightening at all.

12. Olivia 100WC 3/5/2021

One day I was walking down the street. Then I saw something very frightening, I saw a brown balloon. I have never seen a brown balloon before. It was very weird so I started walking home, but whenever I looked back at the balloon it looked like it was getting closer to me and it was! I got so scared I started running, but it was coming close and closer until I turned around and kicked it. Then it popped. After that I was sprinting home because I was so scared of that balloon even though I popped it.

1. A balloon moving around by itself? Sounds spooky, Olivia! I like how the narrator goes from “running” to “sprinting” as that conveys their fear. Great work on this and keep writing!

13. 100 WC march 5 Willow

On carnival day at my school everyone in my class came. And the brown family they were not African american but it was their last name. Then I went on a very frightening carnival ride. I went to the clown booth and the clown wasn’t there then he jumped out at me. I screamed but he gave me a balloon and said sorry. My parents never treat me like that. Then the brown family came and stole my balloon. They kicked it over my head and were playing monkey in the middle over 6 feet up.

14. March 6
    Brooke 100wc
    One sunny summer day there was a girl named Mia and her new puppy Sally. Mia had golden hair with a mix of brown and Sally was black with white spots. They went outside and Mia said “We should go for a walk” so Mia got on her shoes and Sally’s collar and went outside and after a bit she saw a balloon on the sidewalk so she kicked it and it popped. Both Sally and Mia were frightened and ran away and Mia thought to herself I’m never kicking a balloon again. Then she ran back home and plopped back in bed.