A Really Long Nap!

Wow! Were you tired! You took a nap for twenty years. You just woke up and its 2041! What’s different, what were you doing, who’s around, how has your life changed????? (maybe you should get more sleep)

12 thoughts on “A Really Long Nap!

1. Elli 4/7/2021

When I woke up from my nap it felt so weird the air was warm with the sounds of birds chirping and it wasn’t cold and snowy. Then all of a sudden a big family walked in my room and they all said they were my siblings. I didn’t believe them until I looked around my room and saw a family photo of all of us. All my siblings looked so different. But the best thing when I woke up was that I got to see my old dog. He looked so excited with his tail wagging in the air flopping around. After that my siblings told me all the stories they had when I was asleep.

2. A Really Long Nap!
    By Thien ( writing )

Hi my name is Jason. I accidentally took a nap for 20 years. I was 11 years old and the year was 2021, I am in 6th grade I just got home I was so lazy because of all those hard assignment at school I took a nap, and I dont know but somehow I took a nap for 20 years, by the time I woke up I seen myself as 31 years old by check the calendar, and the year wa 2041 I didn’t know where my family go my house was now very dirty I went to my neighbor house that have stayed there for 20 years straight I ask them where was my family she said ur family have moved to a different house, I was surprised I ask her where my family new house was and she told me. After that I knew where to go so when I got to my new house my family was old, my sister, brother, mom, and dad. And from that on today i had the chance to share my story.

3. Dear Diary, April,6,2021

Last night I decided to pull an all-nighter. I am sooooooo tired. But the good news is that I did it for science! I literally just finished my science project. In case you are wondering,my report was about what sleep deprivation did to your brain. I am so happy(and tired)! In fact I think that I will fall asleep right now.

Good Night,
    Patty Cake

P.S. My real name is Patrica Catheran, But I like to go with Patty Cake

Dear diary, 4-6-2041

OMG,OMG,OMG! The most amazing thing just happened to me! I just broke the world record for longest nap ever taken! And another big world record for biggest science theory proven wrong! I slept for 20 WHOLE YEARS!!! The whole world looks so different now! My mom has an iphone 40! And I still have my iphone! Also my mom has this robot thing called,”Zebeoro.” And she says it cleans your house for you and it can carry and fold up to 203 pairs of clothes! Oh My Gosh. I just realized that my house is floating on a XL hoverboard! Frankly,I do not know how I survived. Sorry that I am using so many exclamation marks! I am just so happy!

XOXO,
    Patrica Catheran

4. Bray 4-8-2021
    I had been asleep for 20 years and when I woke up I went outside to see flying cars and an Iphone 33 it was about the size of a banana the sky was red I had never achieved my goal of playing Professional Basketball I saw my brother when I had fell asleep he was now he was 24 year old my mom was now 51 my grandpa was 92 and my grandma was 81 a lot of time passed I missed 20 birthdays I look so different I as taller my voice was deeper everything was different family, technology, just everything.

5. Brooke April 8
    I woke up after 20 years. I had the biggest and happiest dream that I had 2 wealthy kids and I had a big house and was very successful and way more fun and crazy things. But of course I woke up in a kid’s room, “Ahh why am I in a kid’s room” I looked out the window and there was a big wall and I turned on the little TV in the kids room “There has been a big wall placed in Virginia to stop all the zombies coming to take over.” the TV said. “OMG I’m not living in this world one minute longer.” and then after a minute or two came up I fell back to sleep for another 15 years.

6. One day I was so tired so I went to go lay on my bed. Then I fell asleep. When I woke up everything was so different. There were flying cars, they were animals mixed with different animals like a catdog, there were even people with hair that was 30 feet long and hair all over their body. I was so shocked I had only been asleep for two hours. I saw some people walking so I asked, “What year is it?” a man said, “It is 2041 of course.” I was so shocked I have been asleep for 20 years. What had happened to me? Where is my family? I had so many questions.

7. Huh what happened. There were flying cars and satellites everywhere, as I roamed around. I find a city rising above my head, in amazement I take a walk around to check it out. I find myself in the middle with my phone. Somehow it still had battery after 20 years. I wondered how it still had battery so I just kept walking. I thought about how I went to sleep for 20 years without dying but then soon I would learn to live by skipping 20 years of my life. I walked around and saw that somebody gave me shelter which was very kind of them. As I looked around I saw a floating TV and flying highways so it was weird I took a nap for some reason and hoped that I wouldn’t go back into a coma.

8. Today is July 10th , 2021 as I think . The last time I remember I was soon tired that I passed out right at the park . When I woke up the world looked different. I was thinking to myself how did the world change in just one hour . My hands looked different, they looked older and the clothes I was wearing felt a little too small and my shoes where are my shoes? I looked around me and I saw it looked like New York which was weird because I lived in Colorado. There were no TREES, there were big screens everywhere, robots everywhere I looked , everyone looked like they lost all their energy, they were boring . Across the street there was a gas station as so I think maybe it was a store or something? I walked in and a robot popped up and said , “what may you be shopping for?” I said “I’m just looking “ . The only thing that popped out was this calendar. It said 2041 I brought it up to the cash register. I was looking forward to seeing a human but yet it was a robot so I asked him or her “does a human work here ?” he said “yes i’ll go get it .” I waited for the robot to go get another human and there it was . He’s name was Marsiano. I showed him the calendar well laughing and said , “this is a joke right ?” he said, “No sir its not thats the right year “ confusedly i asked , “what day and year is it ?” He said “It’s April 6th 2041 ?” . I asked him where was the bathroom , he said it was in the back so ran to the bathroom. If it was really 2041 i would look older right when i was on the way to the bathroom i saw a flying car!! I was laughing at myself lol I must be dreaming . I went to the bathroom and started slapping myself to wake myself up on the corner of my eye. I turned and looked in the mirror and I screamed. I was in my mid 30s or 40s. I ran out and I saw a missing person thing on the big screen and there I was. It says ive been missing for 20 years! This was all too much for me all I remember was hitting the ground have I passed out again? I wake up and I’m in a hospital bed. My sister says I’ve been in a coma for 10 years. It’s Thursday April 8th 2051 ?

9. Cera
    When I woke up I was in the park.I saw cars hovering over the ground.I run home and find my parents elderly.I ask them what year it is.They say 4/6/2041.I go and see my room.But it looks different then I remembered it.It was now a den for my dad to do his job in.But wait I have not aged up at all and you have.¨I said.¨You have been gone from this world for 20 years,20 years ago you asked to go to the park when you did not come back me and your father called the police but they did not help us find you so 1 year after your disappearance we gave up searching for you, we never knew you would come back 20 years later.¨Mom said.After that day I lived with my (elderly)parents.When I became an adult my parents passed away.

10. I decided to get my forchin taken as I walked to main street.She said that my forchion was to see the future.I decided to take a nap.After I woke up I looked to where main street used to be and instead of seeing the old buildings I saw shinny futuristic buildings.I grabbed a gold tablet that said the news the date was April 8 2041.I did not think much of it but then I saw the head line.Blue Family Dead.My last name was blue and then I realized the girl was right.

11. One day I was really tired and I went to sleep for 20 years and when I woke up it was 2041 and there was robots,flying cars, robot dogs,rell pugs everywhere and big buildings tek roads and there was a elevator that goes 1,000,000 mp and I went on it and it goes to mars and there is a lot more up there than down hear and i didn’t even remember my own family

12. 20 year long nap
    was slowly opening my eyes then all the sudden it was bright like if you stared into the sun i turned my head my mom was in shock i said mom why am i in the hospital she said you were talking to be then you collapsed then i took you to the hospital they said your breathing but you must have fallen into a coma i said then what year is it she said 2041 i almost screamed until i saw someone in the room besides me and my mom he was tall around 6’4 and blond hair around the age of 60 and i asked mom said that’s your new dad Alberto i was like new dad?
    She said you have 2 sisters, one is 12 and one is 17. She said also you had a kid and BTW she’s 20 and i asked what who could i have kids she said o you didn’t know but before you got in the big coma and you were pregnant with twins but one sadly passed in your womb and also 10 years ago you opened your eye and mouth and said i love you then you fell back into the comma it was scary we thought u died so we asked the doctors if your gonna be ok they said yeah but she fell back in another comma so we waited and now your here with us today.