Hatchet

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is hatch.jpg
Hatchet

12-9

Based on what you have read so far, make a prediction about what will be happening in this book. Let your own thinking as well as evidence from the book help you. Write a quality paragraph to explain your ideas.

1-11

At the bottom of page 92 Brian said …”I have a friend now. A hungry friend, but a good one. I have a friend named fire.” Why does Brian call fire his friend? How will his new friend change his life? Explain your thinking with evidence from your own background and from the book.

1-19

Brian realizes he’s all alone for good now on page 119. No family, no searchers, nothing. Will he just give up, wait for a miracle, or keep fighting to survive? What do you think he will do? Why? Write a quality paragraph to explain your thinking.

2-1

Brian has started a new plan, to investigate the plane at the bottom of the lake. How do you think this will benefit him (or not)? Use your own thinking and info from the book to craft your quality response.

20 thoughts on “Hatchet

1. Hatchet Blog
    By Max

The story hatchet has had interesting things happen in the first 25 pages but what might happen is that they will crash land brian will make it out alive and he will have nothing but his hatchet. So what I think happens is that he tries to make an SOS signal and then he will get saved. I think he might see his dad maybe not but I think so. I think all of this because since he is lost an SOS signal is what he could do so he does not die so people come get him so this is a guess

2. Willow dec 9, 2020

I believe that when the plane crashes or landes the boy will survive and will find his way to his moms or dads place. On the way he will find his strengths and weaknesses. He will come back with a lighter head and will discover why his parents divorced and will understand them.

3. In hatchet I think that the plane will crash and brian will end up in the woods alone and will need to find food for him self.I know he will crash because the person who was flying the plane is dead and he will fly until he runs out of gas.From what I know about this story his mom and dad are split up, so brian goes back and forth from her moms and dads house.I know he will crash because the person who was flying the plane is dead and he will fly until he runs out of gas.

4. So it all started with Brianhe was riding on a plane to go see his dad. He got to drive the plane only for a little bit. But he stopped driving the plane and the captain took over. So they were riding and then the pilot died and he didn’t go into the room for a little bit. Once he got into the room he started to drive the plane he got on the radio he heard nothing so he fixed the radio and he heard a little sound but the guy on the other side did not help him at all. So he decided to crash the plane into the water instead of on the land.

5. The fire will help him because it said on pg 80 he got poked by something and it was an porcupine and when he hit the stone it created sparks. So he made a fire after a few tries, but he did it and now other animals don’t attack him and the fire will keep him warm at night.

6. I think that he might put a piece of wood on fire and toss it up in the air and use it as something as a flare because it said in the book that a plane started up and flue the other way maybe there is another person out there and he has bin out there longer then he has but there is no possible hint that there is an another person that is gust a guess.

7. I think that Brian will keep fighting or at least trying to survive and not die because not only has he gone so far but he had that teacher that taught him to never give up and be his most valuable asset. And he wants to get back. So I think that he is going to try to keep surviving so he can get back

8. Tuesday, January 19, 2021
    On page 119 it said that brian realized that he was all alone.when he said all alone that made me think that he will give up hope because if they did not find him by now they may not be coming at all.I think that he will try to hunt animals and because he has a fire he will not have to eat them raw.I do not think that they are coming because it has been about a week.Maybe in the future it is not the rescue team that will save him it is his dad that will save him.

9. Willow Jan 19 2021

I believe that the boy will get rescued but he will have to live and endor the wild. He will graze death 1 or 2 times but he will live. If he finds his mom he might forgive her or he will hate both of his parents forever. But he will survive and be OK.

10. I think that he will survive but not ever find his way back home. He might find a large animal to cook or he might get killed by one. He will make more mistakes along the way.

11. i believe that he will have to try survive for 9 weeks until he will be rescued. but he will have to wait and he might see a plane go over him. and encase of a bear attack he will need to make a gun. he
    will have try his best. until then he will have to stay.

12. I think that he will try to keep svig and keep waiting the reason that i think this is because he said to himself i am new i am new so that makes me think that he is not going to give up suen and that engen could have been something on the ground

13. Willow Hatchet blog
    I believe that the kid will find that he will survive with the things he finds in the plane. I also think he will find the pilot’s body and be sad for some days but he may survive.

14. I think this will help him because he can go down there for things to reinforces his walls because the moose hit his some what of a home so he can get more weapons for defense and food so he can survive from more moose or a porcupine and other animals in the wild.

15. I Believe that investigating the plane will be a benefit because if Brian finds a first aid kit at the bottom of the lake in the plane it could really benefit him. But if he does not find anything it could be bad because if something happens at the surface he might have an effect like the tornado did. But not as bad.

16. I think he will make a raft and go out on the lake and then dive into the water and swim down in the water. and open and close the plane door. and swim up for air when he gets inside the plane. and try to find a adventure kit.

17. I think that Fire Brian’s friend will help him survive and I don’t think that Fire will always be Brian’s pet like Jack and Rover in last kids on earth but I think that Fire will stay close but keep a distance.

18. I think he will probably be able to pull the plane to the surface. He will have to find some more food. He also will make a new bow. And he will have to stay away from moose and bears.

19. On page 92 Brian said “I have a friend now. A hungry friend, but a good one. I have a friend named fire.”I think that he means the fire will protect him like a friend would.People who get lost make a fire and that is like a friend to them so that is why he said “I have a friend now.”Like I said earlier the fire would be his best friend or a pet or like someone who will always be there and will look out for you.

20. When we left Brian he was going to go investigate the plane.This would be a good thing to happen to Brian because there could be things like knives and food and things like that.This could also be a bad thing because he may drown if he can not find the spot that he got in.He should deftly go see what is in there because if he doesn’t he will never know what was in there. If there is stuff in the bag it may be the climax of the book.So over all this is a good thing.