Back to Remote- September 21

We all got the news Friday afternoon. We are back to remote learning this week. How do you feel about this? Is this a good thing or not? Will you be ready to get back to class next week? What other thoughts do you have?

Write one quality paragraph (or more) to share your feelings. Make sure you explain your thinking with details so the reader can really understand what you are feeling. (I will share my writing later on the blog too) Use your best spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills (conventions). This piece is something that a lot of people probably want to read!

30 thoughts on “Back to Remote- September 21

1. I think it is sort of weird because 5 days ago we were in schools and now we are at our homes again.I like being able to experience both of these things because they are fun. But sometimes I would rather be in school. When I am online I like it because you don’t wear a maskBut when you are at school you concentrate. So i feel a little weird.

2. Matti Monday, September 21, 2020
    We are at remote learning again.When we got the note I had no idea what was going on like when there is a spider on you you want to do something but you can’t.I had a call with my friend later and she thought it was a kid that was new I thought it was a kid that was not there for a few days.After my brother went to bed I got a pain in my stomach and it felt so bad because I had been around a lot of people.In my mind I had so many ideas of who it was but still I did not know because know one knew.Even after I went to bed I lie awake think about all that I just heard.I had a weird dream about school and coved 19.In the morning I thought it was just a dream but I was wrong.

1. Matti,
      You are a super duper talented writer. But next time maybe after you finish writing your comment go over and make sure every thing is spelled correctly. BEFORE you post it

3. I think being back online is sort of weird but I get to experience the online process.I love it because I get to spend time with my family and our cat.(Misty) What I don’t like is I am stuck in the house all day.We only spent 8 days in school.Now we are back online.I wish this Covid19 would go away.I hate wearing masks it’s hard to breathe.

4. Olivia 9/21/2020

I think going to school is important. Some people might disagree with me. I think it is important because kids need to be around other people then just their family. Also some people Including me learn better in the classroom.
    I feel a little weird and sad that the year is going to be like this for the rest of the year. Just a few days ago we were sitting in class but now we are at home on our computers.
    I hope the year gets better and everyone stays safe.

1. I also agree that we should be in school because if we are always looking at a screen our eyes hurt and also being small and notable to socalize is a problem because when we are older we will need socalization skills

2. I think school is also really important and i think its weird also but we just got to try our best and make sure everyone is safe but good job Olivia

3. i agree i think kids do like to be next to kids while working but some kids dont but i do so i agree and we are more on the screens at home than school and sometimes it is too much

5. Bray 9-21-2020

It feels weird to be back at home and if i’m beginning honest i really don’t like remote i like to be at school because it is easier to do certain things at school it is easier to ask questions at school because you just raise your hand and the teacher comes but online you have to wait a few minutes to get your questions answered an i just don’t like to have to be online all the time and i would rather be at school so i can play with my friends outside of school i really missed school and we went back to school now we’re right back and point A and it was weird.

6. I think that online school isn’t the best because everyone is by themselves even if we have meetings in my opinion it’s just too lonely but on the other hand in school isn’t by ourselves, you are with your classmates and your teacher and you get to go to IA versus google meet with them also you get too play with them at recess but online kid can’t you also get to just be at school other than your house I your already going to be at your house after and before school. Another thing is you get to make new friends at school but you don’t really get to at home

7. Thien
    September 21, 2020 at 3:08

It feels weird being online on the computer instead of at school, because when I am at school I understand more. But when I am online it is harder for me to understand, because when I ask my teacher he can’t answer straight away because he needs to talk with other people as well. Being at school is better because I get to see people often and learn about different people, but when I am online is hard for me to learn about other people. One more thing is that when I am at school I see a lot of people so i feel safe, but when I am at home I don’t feel safe because there are a lot of people out there that makes me scared but when I am at school there are a lot of people that makes me feel safe.

8. I think going to school is the best because you don’t get distracted and you have to be there when learning. But I think online school is better because you can sit on your couch and you don’t have to wear a mask all day and hurt your ears. Another reason why I think online learning is better is because you get less of a chance to get corona-virus for example you don’t know who has corona or just has a lot of germs so you play with them at recess and you can get it so easily although you’re being safe.

9. I think that normal school is less challenging because it is easier to navigate. Online school has a tight schedule bto follow and to keep. Sometimes it is hard to get in touch with my teacher in the classroom. Other times I can’t get stuff done because I can’t find it in classroom.

1. Willow I agree with you about how it’s kinda takes a long time for us to get in touch with the teacher because he’s helping other kids.

10. I think that normal school is easier because I harder to follow a routine without being in the classroom, and it’s fun to see my friends at recess and lunch, so… that’s all, ‘_’

11. Its crazy to think that time can change so fast. The day my mom told me that someone got covid-19, she didn’t know if me or my brother that had to stay home i knew it was me because always have bad luck. being on remote learning can be hard sometimes because i get really distracted. Being on remote learning and competitive basketball is hard because i get no breaks but lunch and when i was at school i got everything done,but i try my best on everything and try to do my work.

12. Online school is WAY harder than school school.I mean I like staying at home and all but not this long. Sometimes I wonder “Why did coronavirus even have to happen. If only all of this was a dream.” but I kind of got used to all of it and now this is the new normal.

13. Ella September-21

What do I think about online learning? Well personally I like online learning better than in person. A couple perks about online learning are that you do not have to wear a mask. You can sleep in later. You can refill on cold water all the time. You can have a snack whenever you want. And you can do things at your own pace.

And one downside of online learning are that you do not get to see your friends.

I also do not love in person but I do not hate it. Some perks of being in person are that you can see your friends. You are actually in a classroom. And you also do not have to worry about if your printer is connected or not, or if your WiFi is connected.

14. I was surprised about the news. I don´t do very good in online learning. I really miss my friends. I do better in school I miss doing amp i can´t wait until this week is over.

15. I don’t like online school because you don’t get to interact ,you don’t get to see your friends and you have less materials and I want to see people and play with them. Gym music and art but we can’t because the computer so we have less stuff to do

16. When we started remote school again, it was a little surprising! it’s kinda weird and unusual at the same time, a little scary even! the reason I think it might be scary is because 5 days ago we had to do remote learning for a week because someone got COVID! it can be kind of confusing to all of the sudden go from normal school to remote learning! I got really confused because for the first week or two of school I did remote learning, then normal school after that, then remote school now, and were all gonna have to normal school again on monday! sorry if this is a little long,😒