Loser

4-7

Do you think Zinkoff’s new friend, Andrew, will be important in the book? Why or why not? Use your own thinking and examples from the book in your response.

4-21

You just read the chapter about Field Day. What do you think was the most important thing that happened in this chapter? Why? Explain your thinking by elaborating!

4-28

Zinkoff didn’t go to school on fifth grade Field Day. You get a chance to use your skills to predict outcomes. What do you think is going to happen next? Why? Make sure to use info from the book and your own thoughts to explain your prediction.

10 thoughts on “Loser

1. I think Zinkoffs new friend, Andrew, will be important in the book because he will stay with him threw the journey to be sad ,happy mad ,and have fun with him .

2. I think Andrew is going to be important in this story because I think he is going to be Donald’s best friend. I think this because chapter eight is called two new friends, and it also says “In the summer between first and second grades Zinkoff acquires two new friends. One is a baby sister, the other is a neighbor.” His neighbor is Andrew so I think he is going to become best friends with him.

3. Brooke April 8
    I think that Andrew will be important in the book because Andrew first off Zinkoff wanted to be nice and give Andrew the trophy and then he yelled “I want it” after Zinkoff mom said that he won it. Then, later Zinkoff but the trophy on his front step and the next morning it was gone and thinking it was Andrew. I think this is going to add on to the rest of the book.

4. I think the most important thing that happened on field day was that Zinkoff lost, he made his team lose. I think this was the most important thing because this is going to make his classmates think he is a loser. All because he lost the race. I also think this because the book is called loser.

5. Brooke
    April 21 100wc I think the most important thing in this book is when he did not run fast enough for the purple team and they were calling Zinkoff names and were calling him a “Loser”. I think this is the most important part in this chapter “Field Day” because Zinkoff took this situation in a bad way and he usually just blows it off and then smiles and goes but he did not like when the boys in the purple team called him mean names. Another reason why I think that is the most important thing is, The boys on the purple team were calling him a loser and the book title is called Loser and I think that may be important.

6. What I think is going to happen because Zinkoff is missing schools is the yellow team is going to lose. I think this is because Zinkoff has been working hard and trying to run faster,so without him their team is going to lose. Another reason I think they are going to lose is because everyone thinks with zinkoff on there team they are going to lose but I think they are going to lose with zinkoff not on there team

7. I think he ran off and did not go to school for Field Day because Gary Hobin was telling Zinkoff he was a loser and he needed to join another group. Because last year Zinkoff did not run fast enough while Gary Hobins was on Zinkoff’s team, and He thinks he is going to lose because Zinkoff is on his team again. I think Zinkoff thought that he was not going to be fast enough and he just quit and did not want to spend the day worrying that he won’t win. I think this because Zinkoff started to get a little bit more sensitive over the last 3 and 4 years. Also I think this because he did not want to have a day off not being worried he’s not going to win or win.

8. i think that Andrew will be important in the book because he’ll be a great friend to Ziknoff.

9. I think the most important thing on field day is that Ziknoff made his friends loose on field day and it was rood.

10. He thinks he is going to lose because Zinkoff is on his team again. Zinkoff thought that he was not going to be fast enough