100 Word Challenge January 19 Week 17

When you submit your comment you need to title the comment like this

100WC January 19   —-EXAMPLE

• 100WC
  • The Date
  • Your first name

Remember, type your prompt as a google doc first. Do not paste it in as a comment until you are sure it is complete, titled correctly, proofread for spelling, capital letters, grammar, and punctuation, and is between 95-105 words!

Then post your comment!

This week, we have a picture! You can really be creative with this one! Don’t describe the picture, write a story! Hmmmmm…… what is this?

21 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge January 19 Week 17

1. 100 WC 1/19/2021 Elli

There once lived a little seed that grew up to be super different then the other trees around him. The other trees would make fun of him because of how he looked. Then one day he had enough, he looked up in the sky one night, saw a shooting star and wished he could move then went to sleep. The next day he couldn’t believe it he could move around he then proceeded to move to a quieter place and lived happily with all the animals around him.

2. Once upon a time, there was a girl named Raven and she had powers. Her powers were telekinesis and portals. When she was in the forest she saw the most beautiful and majestic tree. Suddenly the tree started glowing. The sky got dark. The wind started. The tree started talking saying “Raven, you must hurry! The storm is coming! You must use your powers! You don’t have a choice! Now go!” Raven knew what the tree meant. She went to the city. She saw the storm. She used her telekinesis. The storm was gone and everything was back to normal.

1. Raven saves the day! Thank goodness the tree was able to warn Raven that the city needed her. Good use of the prompt picture.

Keep writing!
      Mrs. Silver
      Team 100
      IL, USA

3. 100WC January 20 Nathan

Once upon a time in a forest far away there was a man chopping wood. He wanted to build a mansion for himself so he chopped and he chopped and he chopped until every tree in the forest was gone. There was also a witch who lived in the forest. When she saw all the trees in the forest were chopped down she became very mad. She found the man who chopped all the trees down and she cast a spell on him and turned him into a tree to teach him a lesson. Then she went back to her house.

4. Ella 100 word challenge 1-21-2021

One sunny April day I was taking a walk through the woods. When I was a baby my Grandpa Green always used to tell me stories about the ¨Tree monster¨. The tree monster is a monster that disguises himself as a tree in the forest. Anyway,I walked pasted that tree and it looked exactly how Grandpa Green described the tree monster. I never believed those tall tales so I walked straight past it. When I heard a deep moan I looked back at the tree and told myself that it was my imagination. Then something grabbed my shoulder. ¨AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!¨

1. I relay like your story.The part at the end reminds me of a horror story.If it happen to me I would react the same way.

5. 100WC Jake Jan21

A long time ago trees could walk. I know it’s hard to believe but they could and well they were like humans but then humans started to develop and trees were getting weaker and weaker and at the end trees couldn’t talk walk or hear. All the trees gave up but one one tree tried to run away and got stopped in its tracks. I’m James and I am at the place where that tree was running. I really like it because I think that the tree looks like Groot from Avengers. I hope it never gets cut down

6. Once Upon a Time there was a little boy Jack like you know Jack and the Beanstalk but they don’t tell you the whole. I will tell the Story Once upon a time there was a poor boy end like you no that her got beans And it grew overnight but at the end broke that down The big pant And all the Giants fell off the plant and then the turn in trees and now they are mad at the world

7. 100WC Friday, January 22
    By Thien

Once upon a time there were 2 siblings. They were a boy and a girl, the boy’s name was Jack the girl’s name was Lia. One day they went into the forest to explore, Lia Jack went around taking pictures of different trees, and read a book. Jack found a page saying that there was a tree that looked like a human with 2 legs 2 hand pointing up. Lia and Jack tried to find the tree and they found it, the tree was like a human they took a lot of pictures of it and made a note right next to the tree saying, ‘You’re the most beautiful tree we have found’, then Jack and Lia went home to show their parents tree pictures.

8. 100 wc Thursday, January 22, 2021 Matti
    Once there was a kid named Mia, she loved to take walks in the woods.One day she was walking in the woods when she found a weird looking tree.She thought that she would try and climb it.Once she started to climb the tree it started to grow legs and arms.She was shocked.Mia was so scared that she ran all the way home.She told her mom what she saw and she did not think that it was real, so Mia took her there and when her mom saw it she froze.She grabbed Mia and ran home.

9. Bray 100WC 1-22-2021

One afternoon Jack and Bailey were exploring the woods. But then they started hearing things like stomping. Thump after thump Jack and Bailey became more and more scared asking themselves “ Whats going to happen?”. Then the thumps were getting closer until they saw this huge tree looking giant. They started to run away in fear. But this thing kept following them. Every step they took every turn Jack and Bailey took this monster was following them. “ AHHHHHHHHHHHHH”. They yelled out but no one heard them. Bailey asked her big brother “ Jack whats going to happen” Jack said “ I don’t know”.

1. Hi Bray,
      You have me in suspense! What’s going to happen? Is the giant tree good-natured or mean-spirited? Does it want to harm them…or help them? Sometimes we human misunderstand a giant’s best intentions. What would your next scene include? A friendly meeting or a terrorizing encounter. I wonder! 🙂

Mrs. Rombach – Team 100WC
      8th Grade English Teacher from Virginia

10. Olivia 100WC 1/22/2021

One day I was running in the woods. It was around 6 in the morning. The sun was slowly coming up but the trees blocked the sunlight, so it was still dark. I was running to find a tree to climb in and read a book. I was looking for the best tree, they were all too small or too big. Then I found the best tree, It did not look like the best but it was. It looked like a person. It was a little scary. But I climbed on it. First the legs, then I got on its shoulders, then I sat right on its head. It was an amazing tree.

11. 100wc
    Cera
    There once lived a man and his name was Root because he lived among the roots in the forest.One day a witch came and gave Root a potion to drink.Root drank it then a of a sudden Root turned into a tree.He asked the witch what was in the potion.Root had to change that he ¨what do you have against me?¨She replied ¨nothing Just needing someone to try my tree potion.¨Root asked how long will the potion last?¨the witch said”forever¨? Root was never seen again.

12. 100WC
    By Max

Once in a land far away after a war in the forest between trees the good guys won but as they celebrated a dark tree got away. He scurried through the forest in search for the dark orb so he could bring nibiru here when the planets align a dark force takes it over so the spirit trees chase him down the river all the way to the cave were the dark orb is stored they finally tackle him right before he grabs the orb and then imprison him where he is now trying to get out.

13. Willow 100WCjan.22

A long time ago in a forest there was a worker. The worker was different from all the other tree workers. He looked like a human and was thrown into slavery well more like flew into slavery. In slavery he had to make oxagen every day and it made him weak. But one night he had a dream that real humans were coming and they did they cut down every tree they found they cut down and he was next. But he did not let them cut him down or his friends he walked and ran away with his friends and lived happily ever after

14. Brooke
    100wc Friday January 22 2021
    Once there was a girl named Lisa every morning she would take a walk in the woods. One morning she went to the woods. She saw this odd looking tree then it came alive. She ran as fast as she could but the tree picked her up and she screamed on the top of her lungs, AHHHH! The tree started to talk with his big calm voice ¨it is ok¨ she started to calm down a bit and talked to the tree for a bit after that. Ever since that day she would go spend the whole morning talking and playing with her new tree friend.

15. Once there was a seed that grew unlike the other trees the unusual tree had no friends because the others thought he was funny.But there was one human wandering through the woods and then she saw the tree and said ¨hello¨ and the tree said ¨don´t you think i´m scary ¨nah¨ the girl said and the tree smiled and they became bffs but when the other trees saw him and the girl they laughed and laughed but the girl shouted ¨HEY¨ the trees stopped ¨YOU NEED TO BE NICER¨ the trees said sorry and they were friends

16. One day a lumberman named Zak was talking to his friends, they told him about a haunted forest, he didn’t believe it, then they bet him to go inside it and he took the bet, he went inside the forest, he started walking around, looking for a good tree to chop, after a bit of looking, he found a good looking tree. He walked over to it and for a little bit he thought he saw a ghost, when he raised his axe, vines from the ground came up and pulled him underground! And he lived the rest of his life as a tree.

17. “Ummm where am i”? I thought to myself as i got up i felt a little dizzy it looked like i was in the woods but not the ones in my hometown *Colorado*. It was humid it was smelt fresh and clean like it just rained,the color green was everywhere I turned it was beautiful. I still was wondering where I was. I couldn’t remember anything. All I knew was I wasn’t in Colorado anymore. There was this tiny path I was hoping it would take me to a city or town so I followed the path it took me to this tree. I’ve never seen a tree this shape before what would you do if this were you?……

18. Austin thu 21st 100wc

Jon was walking through the woods. And he was stumbling across some wired tree. He passed the atchley groot and he heard the words i am groot. He trend around and saw him and groot said i am groot and groot picked him up and that day groot went with the garden and the galaxy and he went to space and he fought off bad guys and then at the end he got hired. And then he fight off more bad guys and more and then they came back to earth.