Eggs

4-7

Did David really find a dead body? Why do you think this way? Explain your thinking with evidence from the book.

4-22

Primrose decided to paint over the windows in her “room”. Why? Use your knowledge, ability to make inferences, and predict outcomes to explain why this happened. Make sure to elaborate so the reader understands your thinking!

4-27

Why is the Midsummer Night Scream such a big deal in the story? Write a quality response that includes reasons, details, examples to support your thinking!

16 thoughts on “Eggs

1. Yes, I think David saw a dead body because he thought he saw a Easter egg on a pile of leafs put it was actually a nose.

2. Elli 4/7/2021
    I don’t think David found a dead body because when David and his grandmother went to the library and when Davids grandma was reading the books to the little kids David saw a girl like the one he saw at the park with the purple glittery eyes also with close eyes for example in the book it says, “ Which he now saw were tinted with purple glitter” I also say this because how did the body move unless someone moved it or it could be magic.

3. Cera
    I think David did not find a dead body but just Primrose sleeping under the leaves because when David was at the library he saw the person that he thought was dead but was not really dead.

4. No, I don’t think David found a real dead body because when David went to the park he didn’t see no body or face . So he called the cops and the cops were confused about him seeing a body . Then a couple days later he went to a reading group with his grandma and he met Primrose, and Primrose gave David a card on where she lived . David went to Primroses house and met her mom . Primrose’s mom met David when Primrose was not there and Primrose’s mom thought David was a customer . This all happened because Primrose knew David’s voice so I think maybe Primrose was the dead body at the park .

5. I think that Daivid might have not seen a real body.I think that it was his eyes playing tricks on him.I think this because the next day when he went back the body was not there.If Daivid did find a real body then the police would have found it.The boy that was with him near the trees would have seen the body so there may not have been a body after all.So all in all I do not really think that david found a dead body.

6. Cera
    I think why Primrose wanted to paint over the window was because she did not want the egg thrower looking in and aiming for the window so they can egg splat primrose when she is inside because in the book it says why?So the egg throwers can look in at me?

7. from what i’ve read david and primrose have been fighting and shouting at each other for no reason at all and that makes me wonder does it have something to do with the fact that they have different ages or have different feelings for their parents but who knows.

8. Primrose painted her windows because like it said on page 118 “Why? So the egg throwers can look in at me?” “So you can look out.” “There’s nothing to look out at.Paint.” Primrose doesn’t want the other people to look out at her and that is why she painted her windows.Primrose is very distinct from the world and I think that is another reason why she decided to paint her windows.I think this because when primrose says pain she is blocking everything out kind of like she does with people.

9. 4/22/2021 Elli
    In the book one of the reasons Primrose painted over her windows was because she didn’t want the egg throwers to see her but I think the reason she wanted to paint over her window is because maybe the paint in waterproof so when the egg throwers throw eggs at her window the eggs fall off and she doesn´t have to scrap her windows again.

10. David gave the idea to primrose that she shouldnt paint a white fence because that sounded dumb so then the idea that they should paint the widows came out and at first primrose thought it was dumb so she was unsure about it but then she agreed to painting the windows so the egg throwers didnt look in and see primrose.

11. The Midsummer Night Scream is a big deal in the story because David shows that he likes his friends more than his grandma.I think this because his grandma asked him and he said no but when primrose asked him he said yes.But at the same time he gets mad at primrose because she is acting like his mom.This is probably one of the biggest deals in the story because it is destroying primroses and david friendship.

12. I think the Midsummer Night Scream is a big deal because Primrose dressed and pretended to act like David’s mom and they got into a huge fight that might lead to a bigger fight also it might end their friendship maybe.

13. In the book there’s an event going on in the town called the MidSummer Night Scream which is a night for kids and parents only . David’s grandma asked David if he wanted to go with her but David ¨surprisingly¨ said no . So the next day David and Primrose went to 7 eleven and there they saw a thing talking about the MidSummer Night Scream and right alway Primrose said let’s go but the only problem was that you had to go with your parents . Primrose knew her mom would never take her and David didn’t want to go with his grandma . So Primrose came up with this idea to dress up as David’s mom. Primrose bought an outfit and heels and everything . David was unsure about it but he still went but when David and Primrose went their Primrose went a little too far and was pushing David around ¨he swatted her hand away.Knock it off ¨. David got tired of it so that’s when the fight started David pulled Primrose’s wig off and everything .

14. Cera
    The Midsummer Night’s Scream is important to the story because it is a annual scary story that the town does.Though grandparents are not invited but at the same time they are not banned from the Midsummer Night’s Scream.

15. i think primrose painted over the windows because she didn’t like how the egg throwers saw her and so she painted over them so they couldn’t see her and make fun of her but they still kept egging it

16. i think the midsummer night scream is so important because it gives people joy and scares and time to bond with their family as it says in the the book ¨ midsummer night scream is a parents and kids event.¨ so that´s why i think midsummer night scream is important