100 Word Challenge February 1 Week 19

100 Word Challenge February 1

When you submit your comment you need to put a heading on the comment like this

100WC February 1 Eddie

* 100WC
*The Date
*Your first name

Remember, type your prompt as a google doc first. Do not paste it in as a comment until you are sure it is complete, headed correctly, proofread for spelling, capital letters, grammar, and punctuation, and is between 95-105 words! Then post your comment!

This week we have a phrase. This can be anywhere in your prompt. It could be the beginning or end, beginning or end of a sentence, or somewhere in the middle.

… when it just wouldn’t take off…

20 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge February 1 Week 19

1. Brooke
    100wc February 1
    One day me and my neighbor Mia were bored so we decided to make a rocket. We asked our moms if we could go to the store to get some supplies for a project, they said yes and gave us some money. We got to the store and things we needed for making the rocket. We got home and started to build it. After 50 minutes, almost an hour, it was ready. When we lit the string and backed away, our hearts were beating, but then it sparked and then it wouldn’t take off, we walked toward it and sighed, ¨At least we tried¨ Mia said

2. 100 WC 2/1/2021 Elli

The world went into lockdown. There were zombies around the world you had to fight for yourself. It was the morning when I heard the sirens going off. There were loudspeakers going around the neighborhood. I didn’t know what was happening until I checked the tv. I started packing the most important things in a small backpack like food and clothes. I then made a run for it. I opened my front door and ran. I ran as fast as I could. I saw a car I tried to drive but it just wouldn’t take off, but I got lucky I saw some people going in a secret underground and went in with them. We then waited for all the zombies to die off and we all survived.

3. My name is Gia and I’m 10. I love making toy airplanes out of foam and paper. One day I was trying to make my plane fly. I kept trying and trying. I slowly started to give up on flying planes ever again because I kept trying but after that day I just stopped. When I was turning 13, my aunt, encouraged me to fly my plane one more time. I finally said ok. I was happy to fly my plane which was weird. It wasn’t flying and then I got sad again. When it just wouldn’t take off, hope came. Gia’s plane started flying!

4. The day after school I went to the store with my friends but there was a weird store called the mask store so we went to the store and I got a weird feeling but then I saw a cool mask so I bought the mask. The next day after school me and my friends put the mask on. I got the most weird feeling but I still played. Then it got dark but when it just wouldn’t take off it suck im face and it hurt so i took it off and ran to the store and it was not there .

1. Hi Alaya
      I really like how you’ve linked the prompt with what’s happening today in our world with everyone wearing masks to keep people safe. But it does seem to have been a strange mask and it must have been scary when it wouldn’t come off your face! I’m glad it did in the end. Well done and keep up the good work writing for the 100 word challenge!
      Máire O’Keeffe (Team 100wc)
      Galway, Ireland

5. 100wc
    Cera
    Once upon a time there lived a girl and her name was Mila and she wanted to be a rocket designer and she was smart.So for her school project in science was to make a mini rocket using thing from the store.So Mila went to the store and bought a few thing she need to make her rocket. When she finished she brought to school.When the teacher was grading rockets Mila hoped her rocket would work.Several of her classmates failed in general. ¨When it just wouldn’t take off.¨Mila said what a bummer Mila did pass the science test.

6. Jake 100WC 2-3
    Hey I’m Zak and well lets just say I have a dream. My dream is to make something fly. Out of just my materials. I got my stuff and began working. I have been working about 5 hours now and I am only one third done. I mean if I get this working my life’s dream will already be completed and I’m only 10 years old. It’s now been about 10 hours since I’ve started and well It’s two in the morning so I am going to bed and finishing it in the morning aka 8 hours. I just took my work outside and it just wouldn’t take off

1. Hi Jake,
      I wonder what would happen if you spent another eight hours on your project so that you could try and make it take off?

I’m sure it would be worth it in order to fulfil your life’s dream (after all, you still have so many years ahead of you!)

However, you managed to incorporate the prompt very well!

Michelle, Team 100wc,
      Melbourne, Australia

7. Ella G 100 word challenge 2-3-2021

It was 8:00 pm and I was lacing up my basketball shoes. I grabbed my neon green and neon orange basket ball. I had try outs tonight/right now for the basket ball team that I have dreamed off being on since like now. THE MANDALAY WOLVERINES! I went in for a couple of right-handed layups. The first one”CLANK,CLANK,Miss.” Second one “Clank Clank Clank score.” Sure that was a point for me but I was trying to swish it,not clank it. My anger of not swishing 1 single hoop never took off from my head.

1. Lost of great description and excitement in your story, Ella. You have also adapted the prompt well to fit your theme. Your use of capital letters for the name of the team shows just how important it is to you. Similarly, for the word ‘CLANK’, which is an excellent word to describe what you were doing. I like ‘swishing,‘ too!

8. Josie 100wc 2-1
    There once was a boy named Danny he caused a lot of trouble but one day Danny found a strange box a claimed it for his own but little did he know the box was full of mischief but only one person knew about the box it was a wizard,so the wizard came to get the box but Danny wouldn’t let go even though the wizard warned him then the wizard said “i will curse this land” but Danny said ” yeah right” then Danny laughed then a storm rose and when it just wouldn’t take off he said “ok ok heres the box.”

9. 100 WC February 3 Matti
    Mom had always told me nothing is impossible.One day I thought of building a plane that I could ride.It would be made out of the sticks in the backyard and rope.I tied the rope to the sticks and made it look like a plane.I got onto the plane and because it was windy the wind would carry me.By now I did not thing it would fly but when it just wouldn’t take off a big gust of wind came and me and the plane flew.Mom stepped outside and when she saw me she was proud.

10. 100Wc
    By Max

On a planet far away in a galaxy called HBO 2-1 people had found a planet with oxygen and water but they had one problem… food. They had just enough to make it back to our galaxy but not enough to make it to earth. So they kept trying to make the rocket work but when it just wouldn’t take off they finally decided that it was the end. But then they soon realized that they could make a teleporter. That they sent into a capsule at light speed to get to earth and would have food to wait it out so when it got there they teleported and came back.

11. 100WC NATHAN

I was walking in the hallway when I saw Harpy Eagle. He thought the school was the Amazon. The harpy eagle was looking for a restroom.There was also a jaguar and the harpy eagle was scared of the jaguar. The jaguar approached the Harpy Eagle and asked for some food and the harpy eagle said I’m out of here and he flew away and he hid. He stayed there until the jaguar was gone and once the jaguar was gone the harpy eagle went to the bathroom the harpy eagle did his business and after he went to the bathroom and when he just wouldn’t take off he went fast asleep.

1. Nathan,
      You have handled the prompt in a very creative way with this piece. I am wondering what made you think of those particular animals for your story. Keep writing.
      Mrs. G., Team 100, Guilderland, NY, USA

12. 2-5-2021 100WC Bray

Hi my name is Bray and I own a business called Athletic.io and it is a sporting goods company. I started this company when I was 15 trust me making a business is hard. When I first started my business it was very small I only would have about 100 people a month order things. So when it just wouldn’t take off I kept on working harder and harder. I wanted my business to be a household name. So I made improvements to my business and one day I was getting notifications. I had over 1,000,000 orders I know this would work.

13. Willow Week 19 100 WC Feb 1

A long time ago in the land of China there was a young man that tried to make something that could fly up in the air and not leave the safety of one area. He tried to tie a heavy dress on the stick with a string on it when it just wouldn’t take off. He tried to throw it up in the air but that didn’t work either. So he gave up for the day he would come back tomorrow. The next day he tried again but not with a dress with some spider silk dress and it worked.

14. 100WC Olivia 2/1/2021

About five years ago me and my mom were coming home from Mexico. We were at the airport about to get on the plain. We had been waiting in line for like 30 minutes. Finally we were in the front of the line. I ran right into the plane so my mom had to scan my ticket. When she finally found me we sat in our seats. Then we sat in our seats for another hour and we realised we had not moved. Then when we realised when it just wouldn’t take off, the lady on the plane made us get off as fast as we could! We did not know why.

15. So… where we left off Chace and Xavier almost got hit by a spear.* Chace and Xavier started walking again, as they were walking, they started worrying, then they heard a stomp. They both panicked. Xavier started running, Chace followed, as they ran, they dodged traps the best they could. but Chace got trapped in a rope, as he hung from the ceiling, Xavier ran over to help him, and when it wouldn’t take off they heard another STOMP, they froze.

*This is the second part of the story I made from 100WC week 16.