100 word Challenge October 27- Week 8

When you submit your comment you need to title the comment like this 100WC October 27 Eddie

* 100WC

*The Date

*Your first name

Remember, type your prompt as a google doc first. Do not paste it in as a comment until you are sure it is complete, titled correctly, proofread for spelling, capital letters, grammar, and punctuation, and is between 95-105 words! Then post your comment! This week, what was in there?????????

(make sure to include this phrase somewhere in your prompt. It can be the start of a sentence, in the middle of a sentence, or at the end of a sentence)

…exhausted & breathing hard, she simply raised her fists…

35 thoughts on “100 word Challenge October 27- Week 8

1. 100wc 10-27-2020 Bray

One morning a girl named Brooklyn had woken up. She had been looking forward to today, it was Saturday she had no school .Her mom had made breakfast for them. Brooklyn’s mom said that she had some news”,so Brooklyn asked “Mom what the news about”. Brooklyn’s mom said”I can’t tell you right now”Brooklyn said “Okay”.Later that day her mom said ‘Brooklyn come down”.She went down.Her mom said “Your grandmother has passed”.Brooklyn ran upstairs to her room feeling sad, and slammed the door in anger.She sat down exhausted and breathing hard,she simply raised her fist and screamed.

1. Hello Bray! Your story brought a tear to my eye. It was so sad, and so real. You were able to show how important people (especially grandparents) can be in our lives and the devastation we feel if we lose them. I think that beginning your story with hope of excitement, then having the mum put off providing the news, really added to the emotion of this story. Well done.

2. One time there was a girl named Annika. She was a good kid, but there will always be bad people in this world. (Remember this sentence) It was her first day of middle school. Annika was scared a little because… well you know! She was going to middle school! At the same time, she was excited. She was wearing casual clothes, as always. Hot pink and black army pants with a crop top. Everybody thinks she’s a bad girl because of what she wears, but she doesn’t care. It’s her style. When she got to school, two boys came up to her and made her trip, punched her, and kicked. She was exhausted and breathing hard, she simply raised her fists, and punches them. She continued to walk and ignored them. Turns out she was a bad girl on the inside.

1. Hello Avita! I think you have addressed a complicated issue in your story. The fact that we often make judgements about people that are incorrect. Annika looked bad but at the same time she was scared. She was a “good kid” but reacted violently when faced with violence. Is Annika “bad” inside? Interesting question, I think. Well done.

3. 100wc Tuesday, October 28, 2020 Matti
    One day a girl was playing tag.Her friend was chasing her.Then she tagged her as I turned around to tag someone she slipped, but she was OK. She ran as fast as I could.Then someone pushed her as she fell to the ground.Her arm was bleeding …exhausted & breathing hard, she simply raised her fists…She punched him he fell but was OK. As she looked at him it looked like he would punch he back but they just stood there looking at each other.As she ran to tag her friend she looked back he was walking away.

4. 100 wc october 28 2020
    anthony
    On day at school jess was in pe class jess is in 9 grade she hat track day jess hates track day. Mrs Edward told everybody to run two laps so everybody lined up and she blew her whilse and everybody ran and josh was in first so she tried to cach up she did and she passed josh and was in first one more lap to go. Jess had pe clss at the end of the day jess finished the second lap and jes was exhausted and breathing hard she simply raised her fists and everybody clapped she went home and fell on her bed and went to sleep.

5. 100 WC October 28 2020 Elli

Once there was a girl named Sasha she had always wanted a puppy but her parents always said no but they said if she wants a puppy that bad she has to buy stuff for it and pay for the puppy she agreed and the next day she got a puppy but she had to go to soccer practice so she left her puppy home and went to soccer practice. When she came back home her parents were acting strange. She ran to her room and looked everywhere for her puppy. Her parents said they sold the puppy exhausted and breathing hard, she simply raised her fist and slammed it to her desk. She was so mad.

1. Oh Elli,
      I can see why your character would be mad!

I’m a mum and I have to look after my son’s cat as he never feeds it as he’d promised he would. However, I would not have got rid of his cat as quickly as the parents in the story got rid of the puppy!
      I imagine she would also feel very sad, not just angry.
      Well done!
      Michelle, Team 100wc,
      Melbourne, Australia

6. By Max

100WC

Running from the beast that was chasing them them, they ducked behind the corner the boy said ¨We are never making it out of this place that thing is coming back.¨ The boys name was Jack and the girls name was June they had been the only survivors of the zombie apocalypse but as they came across a house with light inside they thought there was someone inside they had just been running like electricity so as Jack opened the door exhausted & breathing hard, she simply raised her fists and said ¨open the door.¨… nothing just noise coming from upstairs No zombies… nothing…

1. Hello Max! I don’t know much about Zombies, but my brother loves Zombie stories. I think you have used some good language to grab the interest of readers; “ducked”, “running like electricity”, both work well. The image of June holding up her fists at the door is good too. I hope it worked. Well done.

7. 100wc Ella 10-27-2020

One day I woke up and my little sister Veronica was gone! I ran out of my house onto the grayish-white concrete and I heard ¨Come my little pretty,come,come.¨ I saw a witch with green and black leggings and a purple blouse followed by Veronica. I ran as fast as the speed of light and followed them into the woods. I soon reached a tall,creepy,old house with brown rusty wood and a metal roof complete with broken windows. Exhausted & breathing hard, I simply raised my fists and yelled ¨Leave my sister alone you freak!¨

1. Hi Ella
      What a scary 100 word challenge this is! Your opening line created an instant atmosphere of fear as it must be an awful thing to wake up and finding your sister gone. Your description of the witch and how she was enticing Veronica was really good if a bit chilling. You’ve left your story on a major cliffhanger and I for one would love to know what happened next. Lots of questions! Did Veronica get away from the witch? Did you stay safe and did ye manage to get home? Well done and keep up the good work.
      Máire O’Keeffe (team 100 wc)
      Galway, Ireland

8. 100WC Jake Oct.29

The good thing about school is that you can’t get bullied but can you? There’s a girl named Hailey. She is a nice girl. She listens to the teacher and is respectful normally you would think wow that girl is great I bet she has a lot of friends but at her school you get friends by doing bad stuff but Hailey never wants to. One day at school a boy named John punched her! It was recess and there was NO para she laid there for a couple minutes but exhausted and breathing hard, she simply raised her fists.

1. You describe how bullying can happen in school very well, Jake. There is a real sadness in your story because no one saw Hailey get punched and it seems she was just left there. I hope someone came to help her after your story ends. You also describe a situation where it is the children who do bad things who are the ones who get the friends in a way that is very believable – but of course it is very sad.

9. 100wc Oct. 29 2020
    Cera
    There once was a girl named Nora. One morning she woke up and got dressed and went downstairs while her mom was making breakfast. It was pancakes her favorite.”mmm” she said.Her mom said “Nora you have fighting class in thirty minutes please eat breakfast”. “Ok mom,” Nora said.Her teacher told her the basics of fighting,then let her fight somebody.At first she was winning but he tripped her.That battle went on for thirty minutes He had her almost defeated when she got up exhausted and breathing hard she simply raised her fists and punched him.She had won.

10. Olivia 100WC 10/29/2020

There was this girl named Jade. She was very nice. But no one liked her. She only had one friend. And it was a boy who was named Quin.
    One day at school she didn’t see her friend. She was very sad because he was the only friend she had.
    Then at lunch she saw him and she asked him to come sit with her. But he said he wanted to sit with his friends, who were all boys. He also said he did not want to be her friend with her any more.
    Exhausted and breathing hard, she simply raised her fists and cried.

1. Hi Olivia, this is an awesome story, I really enjoyed reading it, you should be very happy with your work.

11. By Thien
    October 29, 2020
    100WC

One day there was a girl named Elizabeth, she really enjoyed school, but there was one thing Elizabeth was always afraid of going to school, it was a bully named Michael, Micheal was the scariest bully in school, he takes people lunch money and makes people do his homework. There was one day when Elizabeth got bullied, that school day was over and she was walking home until Micheal went right into her face and said “Do my homework!”, she simply raised her fist and said “stop it or you’ll get this”, Micheal got scared so he ran, Elizabeth ran away exhausted & breathing hardly. She ran home and said “That was lucky that Micheal ran away so it was my chance to run home”.

1. If Michael was the scariest bully at school that makes me think that there must be others. What was it that made him the scariest?

12. Willow 100 WC Oct 28 2020

It was dia de los muertos the day of the dead the day after Halloween my mother told me in one of her stores.”It was a long time ago when I was small like you I used to love running .There was a race on diadelosmuertos to show the ancestors we love them.’’ Now I want to join, I told her well you can the bells rang“go’’. I went to the race and joinend in it was a close race mina won I told my mom. She was exhausted & breathing hard, she simply raised her fists and cheerd for herself.

1. Hello! I like how you have incorporated some historical facts into your story and also included the story telling of the Mum. The reaction to the mum’s story worked really well and I just love how you included the challenge phrase in your last sentence. Well done.

13. Austin Oct 28th 100wc

Jen was a 5th grader. She had an arch nemus his name was Billy, the meanest kid in the entire school. One day when Jen was walking down the hallway. And Billy was right behind her. Billy said hey Jen forgot something and she looks back and her computer is in Billy’s hand. And he drops it and breaks it. She said nooooooooooo she runs to see if she can Fisk it but she can´t Billy leaves. The next day Jen has a new computer and when she is done with math class Billy said you forgot something she looks back and he has her computer and he drops it and it breaks. exhausted and breathing hard she simply razes her fist and punches Billy in the face.

14. One day a girl named Alex she was really really nice and people did not like her name but when her first day of middle school rolled around she wore her long earings and had ankle boots with black tights and a t-shirt with a goust on it people thought she was real mean but then people found out her name was Alex and hated her and she was already exhausted and breathing hard why she cried. the next day she simply raised he fist at her friend cause she was mad and I guess she is bad on the inside

15. Today I’m going to a party but I’m scared because There is a girl that is mean to me and Bullies me. Like always she simply raises her fist at me .you ain’t supposed to be here she said and so I finally stand up for myself and I said I can be here and she was surprised because I’ve never stuck up for myself .I’m exhausted and I don’t want to deal with you,i said. And she was surprised to hear me say that but I had a great party and she doesn’t bully me

16. 100WC
    October 28 2020
    Nathan

One day there was a girl named Karen. Karen was in the 10th grade and she loved to play soccer. She trained for soccer all the time and she was the fastest girl in her class. There was a big soccer home coming game that she was training for every single day. The big day finally came and her and her team were very excited to play. It was a tough game but Karen and her team won the game. She was exhausted and breathing hard, she simply raised her fists in victory!

17. She was exhausted and breathing hard,She simply raised her fist “this is not right”. “Good morning princess” “mom?” she said in a tired voice “yes dear?” “I just had the craziest dream!” “what was it about”. Once a upon a time there was a time when we didn’t get treated right because of our skin and their was a march for are rights so I went to one with my friend and horrible things were happening it was so scary mom. “Oh honey I was in that dream” “what do you mean mom?” “I’ll tell you latter get ready for school”.

1. This is a brilliant story. It was really engrossing. My only issue is that I wish there was more.

2. How mysterious! Could it be that her mother can enter people’s dreams? This is a really fascinating take on the prompt, Aniyah – well done.

18. 100wc

October 30 2020

Ayden C

Exhausted & and breathing hard she simply raised her fist…and she struck before. We get into the whole story. I’ll start at the beginning. She was just a sweet child and she kept growing and when she got bullied for being weird but she did not. care she let them hit her and she really wanted to become a bad kid and so she did not do her work and not go to school for a whole week and she went back. and she got back she just kept getting. bullied and she was on the ground exhausted and breathing hard simply she stuck the end.